The requirements of this Part are applicable to the holder of an air operator’s certificate issued by the Governor:
using any aeroplane having:
- a maximum approved passenger seating configuration of 19 seats or fewer, excluding any required crew member seat; and
- a maximum certificated take-off mass (MTOM) of 5,700 kg or less; or
using any helicopter.
All Part 91 requirements apply also to operations subject to OTAR Parts 121, 125 and 135 unless expressly stated: the text of Part 91 either applies as provided or as supplemented in the other applicable Parts. The exception to this is that each Subpart F (Instruments and Equipment) applies only to the aircraft contained within the scope of that OTAR Part.
Appendices associated with a specific requirement are contained within the Subpart (after the last paragraph in the Subpart). Appendices that are applicable to more than one requirement or Subpart are provided at the end of the OTAR Part.
The technical description of the Performance Classes is in Appendix E of Part 91. The performance requirements are contained in Subpart E of each Part and, where compliance with Performance Classes is required, Appendix E is referenced.
The Rules of the Air (Schedule 4 of the AN(OT)O) are reproduced in Appendix D of Part 91 which, due to the limitations of this format, is contained in a separate document below. Similarly, Tables referred to in the OTAR text are provided in the separate Tables document below.
The Index document below will assist in locating paragraphs in the requirements.
This issue incorporates amendments 37/38 and 18/19 to ICAO Annex 6, Parts I and III respectively. Text in red indicates the significant additions and changes. Some other editorial corrections have also been made, although these have not been highlighted.
The most significant changes are as follows:
1. Previous EU-OPS reference material contained within the OTAR, with regard to aerodrome operating minima, has been superseded by the publication of changes to European Commission Regulation (EU) 800/2013 ‘Air Operations’.
2. There are changes to flight preparation and fuel requirements/in-flight management due to the latest ICAO amendment to Annex 6 Parts I and III.
3. There are changes to flight recorder specifications for aircraft certificated after 1st January 2016.