Medical issues relating to Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers are found in Overseas Territories Aviation Requirement (OTAR) Part 67. This OTAR Part sets out:
- the requirements and procedures for the approval of appropriately qualified persons as Aeromedical Examiners and Aeromedical Ophthalmologists; and
- the medical standards for the issue of medical certificates; and
- the procedures for the issue, suspension and revocation of medical certificates.
There are three categories of medical certification:
(1) For Commercial Pilots Licence (Aeroplane & Helicopter) and Airline Transport Pilots Licence (Aeroplane & Helicopter);
(2) For Private Pilots Licence (Aeroplane & Helicopter) and Flight Engineer;
(3) For Air Traffic Controllers.
Supporting Overseas Territories Aviation Circulars (OTACs) give information on the criteria to be met for each category of Medical Certificate. Approved Aeromedical Examiners require specialist training in aviation medicine in addition to a general medical background (e.g. general practitioner, physician). Overseas Territory medical certificates can only be issued by Medical Examiners approved by a specific Territory.
List of Approved Medical Examiners
Dr Sonia Meade-Swanston
Family Medical Practice
Welgelegen Road, #33, Unit 7G
Tel: +1 599 5437766
Fax: +1 599 5437776
Dr Acheabea Dyer
28 Long Street
PO Box W376
Antigua and Barbuda
Tel: +1-268-462-0931 (office and WhatsApp)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (direct email)
email@example.com (general office email)
Contact the Bermuda Civil Aviation Department for information.
Dr Virginia Hobday
439 Crewe Road
Tel: 1 345 949 7400
Dr F Robert Glatz
Cayman E.N.T. Associates
2 Alexander Place, Dorcy Drive
Tel: 1 345 945 3822
Contact the Falkland Islands Civil Aviation Department for information.
Dr S A Slattery
Grace Bay Medical
Grace Bay Medical Centre
Turks & Caicos Islands
Tel: 1 649 941 5252