Subpart I - Aviation fuel
139.201 Aviation fuel management
(a) The operator of a certificated aerodrome with fuel storage facilities is required under the Order to satisfy himself that the person who has management of any fuel installation ensures that throughout the processes of receiving, storing, managing, and distributing fuel, it is fit for use in aircraft.
(i) The Order does not differentiate between single or multiple installations at an aerodrome, nor does it make distinction as to ownership of the installation(s);
(ii) For the purpose of Order the meaning of the term “aviation fuel installation” is any apparatus or container, including a vehicle, designed, manufactured or adapted for the storage of aviation fuel or for the delivery of such fuel to an aircraft.
(b) The Order requires fuel installation managers to satisfy themselves that:
(1) fuel received at an installation is fit for use in aircraft;
(2) the installation and the storage and dispensing processes will not render it unfit;
(3) the fuel storage and delivery system is appropriately labelled;
(4) the fuel is sampled on delivery into the installation; and
(5) the fuel is of the correct grade for the installation.
ICAO Document 9137 Part 1 (Chapter 16) provides guidance in respect of the aerodrome operator, the aircraft operator and the fuel supplier responsibilities for safety measures to be taken during aircraft fuelling/defuelling operations.