Subpart C - AIS Provision
This Subpart sets out the requirements on the AIS provider.
175.53 Annex 15 compliance
(a) The AIS provider shall adhere to the Standards and, where specified in the SDD, the Recommended Practices in ICAO Annex 15.
(b) Any agreement or contract between an AIS provider and third party aeronautical information supplier shall include the specific requirement for compliance with ICAO Annex 15 for:
(1) preparation, content and format of information and/or reports; and
(2) preparation, content and format of information; and
(3) content, format and requirements for issue of an Integrated AIP (iAIP) (as appropriate):
(i) AIP, and amendments; and
(ii) Supplements to the AIP; and
(iii) NOTAM (Operational Aeronautical Information) and Pre-flight Information Bulletin (PIB); and
(iv) AICs; and
(v) checklists and lists of valid NOTAM.
(4) communications requirements, provision and maintenance.
175.55 Quality Management System
(a) To meet the requirements of ICAO Annex 15, the AIS provider shall have a quality management system (QMS).
(b) The QMS shall include the following elements:
(1) staff training and competencies detailed in Annex 15; and
(2) means to confirm that the service provided meets and continues to meet the requirements of this OTAR Part and the SDD; and
(3) verification and validation procedures are in place for any AIS information disseminated; and
(4) procedures exist to ensure that the transmission of information is appropriate and timely; and
(5) that aeronautical information supplied to users conforms to standard message formats set out in PANS-AIM ICAO Doc 10066; and
(6) the necessary policies, processes and procedures, including those for the use of metadata, to ensure and verify that aeronautical data is traceable throughout the aeronautical data chain so as to allow any data anomalies or errors detected in use to be identified by root cause, corrected and communicated to affected users; and
(7) accommodation and facilities including, in particular, communications equipment, its maintenance and the availability of alternative suitable means of communication in the event of the failure of the primary means.