Subpart C - Aeronautical Information Service Provision
This Subpart sets out the requirements on the Aeronautical Information Service provider.
175.103 Annex 15 compliance
The AIS provider shall adhere to the Standards and, where specified in the SDD, the Recommended Practices in ICAO Annex 15.
175.105 Quality management system
(a) To meet the requirements of ICAO Annex 15, the Aeronautical Information Service provider shall have established and implemented a quality management system.
(b) The QMS shall include the following elements:
(1) staff qualifications and training detailed in Annex 15, 3.2 Quality Management System, paragraph 3.2.4; and
(2) means to confirm that the service provided meets and continues to meet the requirements of this OTAR Part and the SDD; and
(3) verification and validation procedures are in place for any Aeronautical Information Services information disseminated; and
(4) procedures exist to ensure that the transmission of information is appropriate and timely; and
(5) that Aeronautical information supplied to users conforms with human factors principles, which require the minimum of interpretation by users; and
(6) the necessary policies, processes and procedures, including those for the use of metadata, to ensure and verify that aeronautical data is traceable throughout the aeronautical data chain so as to allow any data anomalies or errors detected in use to be identified by root cause, corrected and communicated to affected users; and
(7) accommodation and facilities including, in particular, communications equipment and the availability of alternative suitable means of communication in the event of the failure of the primary means.