Subpart D - Regulation
This Subpart sets out the requirements on the Designated regulator.
175.153 Oversight of the service provider
(a) Whichever of the methods of service provision is adopted, the Designated regulator shall conduct audits of the Aeronautical Information Service provider against:
(1) the requirements of this OTAR Part; and
(2) the requirements of the SDD; and
(3) the SARPs in ICAO Annex 15; and
(4) the ICAO Regional Air Navigation Agreement and Plan with regard to Aeronautical Information Services in the Territory.
(b) The purpose of the audit is to ensure that, in addition to those items set out in paragraph 175.153(a), the following elements are satisfactory:
(1) the service provider’s quality management system is functioning appropriately; and
(2) the requirements of any agreements between the Aeronautical Information Services provider, air traffic services and other users (as required by the SDD) are appropriate and that the service provided meets the requirements; and
(3) the accommodation and facilities including, in particular, communications equipment are adequate and suitable and that alternative suitable means of communication in the event of the failure of the primary means are available.
In the event that the audit reveals non-compliances in service provision regulatory enforcement action shall be taken. Deficiencies shall be brought to the attention of the service provider and the method of rectification agreed.