Subpart E - Continued Airworthiness Management Approval
(a) Organisations that undertake continued airworthiness management of aircraft registered in the Territory shall hold an appropriate approval granted by the Governor under the requirements of this OTAR Part.
(b) Organisations to which this Subpart applies are:
(1) each holder of an air operator’s certificate issued under OTAR Part 119; or
(2) the Technical Co-ordinator identified in 39.51(a); or
(3) organisations which are the subject of a Principal Contract as prescribed in paragraph 39.53(b)(2) and 39.53(c)(2).
(a) Option 1: Organisations approved by EASA to undertake continued airworthiness management of aircraft to the requirements of EASA Part M Subpart G as amended.
(b) Option 2: Organisations or AOC holders seeking approval under this option shall comply with the provisions for an applicable Maintenance Control Manual prescribed in paragraph 39.59 that is acceptable to the Governor.
(a) Option 1: an organisation holding an approval identified in paragraph 39.89(a) may be approved under this Subpart subject to:
(1) the EASA approval remaining valid; and
(2) the organisation holding an applicable rating and scope of approval; and
(3) the organisation having a Maintenance Control Manual prescribed in paragraph 39.59 that is approved by the Governor; and
(4) the organisation complying with the relevant requirements of OTARs.
(b) Option 2: an organisation not holding a valid approval described in paragraph 39.89(a) may be approved under this Subpart subject to:
(1) the organisation having a maintenance control manual prescribed in paragraph 39.59 that is approved by the Governor; and
(2) compliance with applicable requirements of this OTAR Part; and
(3) the organisation complying with the relevant requirements of OTARs.
39.93 Privileges of approval holder
(a) The approval certificate shall specify the actual scope of approval activity granted and shall specify the aircraft types for which approval has been granted.
(b) In respect of an approval granted under Option 1, the actual scope of approval activity granted by the Governor may exceed that granted by EASA if existing approval ratings are considered comparable.
39.95 Duration of approval
(a) An approval may be granted or renewed for a period determined by the Governor.
(b) An approval remains in force until it expires or is suspended or revoked.
(c) The holder of an approval that is revoked or suspended shall forthwith surrender the certificate to the Governor.
39.97 Notification of ceasing approval activity
(a) Each holder of an approval that ceases to offer continued airworthiness management services shall notify the Governor in writing within 30 days of the date of cessation.
(b) The notification required by paragraph 39.97(a) shall include a request for revocation of the approval.
39.99 Renewal of approval
The holder of the approval shall make an application for the renewal of a continued airworthiness management approval to the Governor not less than 30 days before the approval expires.
39.101 Continued compliance
Each holder of a Continued Airworthiness Management organisation approval shall:
(a) hold at least one complete and current copy of its maintenance control manual; and
(b) comply with all procedures detailed in its maintenance control manual; and
(c) make each applicable section of its maintenance control manual available to personnel who require those sections to carry out their duties; and
(d) continue to meet the standards and comply with the requirements of this OTAR Part; and
(e) in respect of an Option 1 approval, maintain the EASA approval validity including the applicable rating and scope.