Aim: In support of our Safety Policy our aim to ensure that aviation activities within the UK Overseas Territories where ASSI is designated are able to achieve the highest practicable level of safety performance.
Objective 1: Develop and maintain regulations, related guidance and associated training for both ASSI and service provider* staff to enable Safety Management improvement.
- Safety policy, State Safety Programme (SSP) Aim and Objectives, Enforcement Policy and SSP Document review
- Safety Management System OTAR/OTAC reviews and updates
- Promotion: OTAR/Information consultation and provision to Service Providers
Objective 2: Improve occurrence reporting through revising reporting processes, promotion of both a Just Culture and a positive safety culture.
- Revised combined, robust and simple ASSI reporting process
- Improved quality of Service Provider reporting/investigation processes and reports
- Human factors promotion within Safety Management Systems
- Promote a just culture within Service Provider organisations
Objective 3: Create processes to identify, collect, share, analyse, monitor and use information that influences aviation safety to work towards a data driven risk based approach.
- Hazard identification and hazard log improvement across Service Providers
- Improved Service Provider safety meetings
- Evolve data collection, analysis and risk processes within ASSI
Objective 4: Strengthen collaborative working relationships with the aviation industry, UK Overseas Territories Aviation Authorities and other States’ National Aviation Authorities.
- Participation in the Overseas Territories Safety Performance Council (OTSPC)
- Participation in relevant regional safety working groups
- Providing advice to National Civil Aviation Security Committees
- Working to develop greater collaboration in the Eastern Caribbean aviation industry
- Supporting, where applicable, the achievement of the ICAO - no country left behind initiative
- Sharing training with OTAAs, NAAs and Service Providers
- Promote accountability and leadership Service Providers
* Service Provider as defined ICAO Annex 19 Chapter 3 para 3.1.3 a) - f)