This video is an introduction to Competency Based Training and Assessment.
Overseas Territories Aviation Circulars are issued to provide advice, guidance and information on standards, practices and procedures necessary to support Overseas Territory Aviation Requirements. They are not in themselves law but may amplify a provision of the Air Navigation (Overseas Territories) Order or provide practical guidance on meeting a requirement contained in the Overseas Territories Aviation Requirements.
This OTAC is provided to assist in implementing Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) and explain the main elements that need to be in place for this to take place.
This document is intended as an overview, there is more detailed information about how this applies to different disciplines in the following documents:
- ICAO doc 10056 – Manual on Air Traffic Controller Competency-Based Training and Assessment
- ICAO doc 10057 – Manual on Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel Competency-Based Training and Assessment
- ICAO doc 10070 – Manual on the competencies of civil aviation safety inspectors
- ICAO doc 10098 – Manual on Competency-Based Training and Assessment for aircraft maintenance personnel
- ICAO doc 10147 – Guidance on a Competency-Based approach to Dangerous Goods Training and Assessment
- ICAO doc 9868 – Training procedures for Air Navigation Services
- IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations 63rd Edition- Appendix H
- ICAO Doc 9906 – Quality Assurance Manual for Flight Procedure Design
- ICAO Doc 7192 – Air Traffic Safety Electronic Personnel
- ICAO Doc 9906 – Quality Assurance Manual for Instrument Flight Procedure Design
- ICAO Doc 8071 – Manual on Testing on Radio Navigation Aid (all volumes)
This Circular relates to OTAR Part 66 – Aircraft Maintenance Personnel Licensing and Authorisation; OTAR Part 65 - Air Traffic Service Personnel Licences, Ratings and Training Organisation Approval; OTAR Part 92 Carriage of Dangerous Goods; OTAR Part 171 – Aeronautical Telecommunication Services; OTAR Part 172 – Air Traffic Service Organisation Requirements; and OTAR Part 176 – Instrument Flight Procedure Approval.
Enquiries regarding the content of this Circular should be addressed to Air Safety Support International at the address on the ASSI website www.airsafety.aero or to the appropriate Overseas Territory Aviation Authority.